Soap Nuts from Ecozone are the most economical and eco friendly way to replace using washing detergents on your clothes.
Each large pack comes in a 1Kg cotton bag which contains enough Soap Nuts to complete up to 330 cycles in your washing machine meaning that every wash costs you less than 4 cent per wash. This works out more than 10 times more cost effective than typically priced traditional washing detergents.
Soap Nuts are popular to use on clothes for people that suffer from cerious, exma and other sensitive skin allergies.
Soap Nuts can also be used to make your own home made multi-purpose cleaner by simply simmering the soap nuts in water. See the last minute of the video below for more information on this.
What are Soap Nuts?
Technically soap nuts are more a fruit than a nut which act as an all-natural alternative to laundry detergent. The fruit grows on trees in Asian countries like Nepal and India where they have been used as a washing detergent for thousands of years.
Each soap nut contains naturally occurring saponins. When mixed with water Soap nuts have the power to wash away all dirt, grime and stains whilst remaining gentle on your clothes.
How to Use Soap Nuts for Washing Clothes
1. Using the guide below put the required amount of soap nuts into the small bag which comes with the 1KG pack and tie the bag tightly.
For lightly soiled clothes use 3-5 nuts
For Heavily soiled clothes 4-6 nuts
For hard water areas you should use 7 nuts
(You can add a few drops of essential oils to the bag if you wish to add a nice fragrance to the wash.)
2. Place your clothes in the washing machine and insert the soap but on top.
3. Close washing machine, set to required washing machine and let the washing cycle commence
4. When the washing cycle has ended remove clothes from the machine and also remove the bag of soap nuts and allow to dry.
5. The soap nuts can be used several times until cleaning performance begins to fade.
Please note the soap nuts will last longer when you set your washing cycles to cold or warm wash cycles. You will only get one to two washes on them when set to hot cycles.
Soap Nuts Customer Review
I’m very happy with the soap nuts. I bought them from this company because it was the best price. They arrived quickly and I’ve been using them about three weeks for all my laundry with great results. I’ll never go back to detergent now! It was my first purchase from this website but I’ll definitely buy from here again