Owl Smart Heating Controls
These Owl Intuition Heating products allow you to control your heating and hot water settings from any Internet connection anywhere in the world.
The Owl Range on Purchase.ie has been replaced with the Eco Eye range.
With the Owl Smart Heating Control product your heating and hot water controls have three simple push button settings pre-set to match your family’s needs. You can even turn your heating on from the office before you commute home or avoid wasting energy by delaying your heating coming on at home if you’re working late.
If on a trip away from home the Owl Smart Heating Control allows you to remotely turn your heating and hot water on before you return home so you can arrive home to a warm home.
Owl Smart Heating Controls Demo Video
How does the Owl Smart Heating Controls Work?
The OWL Intuition Smart Heating Control consists of two or three main parts depending on whether you have a combi boiler (OWL Intuition-c) or the more conventional heating systems that have a hot water cylinder (OWL Intuition-h).
Your installer (electrican or heating engineer) should be able to advise which is the right product for your system.
Both combi and conventional installations will use the Network OWL gateway that simply plugs into your broadband router. This provides a secure connection to the OWL Intelligent Cloud software platform.
You can then login to access your heating controls with a clear, easy-to-use web dashboard from any Internet connected computer or device, anywhere. This allows you to easily programme your heating and hot water to exactly match your lifestyle and family’s requirements and will also show where savings can be made.
With a combi boiler system you will have a compact and stylish Room Sensor that replaces your existing room thermostat.
In conventional heating systems you will have both the Room Sensor and an additional Tank Sensor for controlling your hot water settings.
The Room Sensor has advanced digital temperature sensing and provides three simple push buttons for all your essential heating controls. Product variants are available so that the Room Sensor can be either mains or battery powered.
In style and appearance the Tank Sensor is very similar to the Room Sensor but it also has an external digital temperature sensor that is attached to the side of the hot water tank (cylinder) in place of the original tank thermostat. As with the Room Sensor it can be either mains or battery powered.
Which Owl Smart Heating Control Do you Need?
There is four different options suitable for installing in residential homes
1: Owl Intuition C - This is for homes with a combi boiler (hot water on demand and no hot water tank) and where the wired thermostat in the home is replaced directly by the OWL Intuition Room Sensor.
2: Owl Intuition C W- Also for homes with a combi boiler. If the Room Sensor is required to be wireless then a Wireless Relay Unit is added. Essentially the Wireless Relay Unit removes the requirement for wiring between your boiler and room sensor and can be linked to up to four Room Sensors.
3: Owl Intuition H -This product is for homes fitted with a system boiler and separate hot water tank.
4: Owl Intuition H W - For homes with a system boiler and a separate hot water tank. Includes a wireless relay unit.
Features and Benefits of the Owl Intuition Heating Controls
• Web dashboard – simple to use online web portal. Control your heating and hot water settings any time, anywhere – all you need is an Internet connection.
• Stylish Room Sensor with 3 push button standard settings – Comfort, Standby and Away. Pre-set using the web dashboard to match your lifestyle and family’s needs.
• Easy installation by a professional heating engineer or electrician – suitable for both existing and new installations.
• Intelligently self-adjusts to your requirements.
• 7-day programmer via the web portal with easy-to-use heating and hot water settings – you’re in command and can easily identify where savings can be made.
• No subscription or ongoing costs.
• Access OWL Intuition on your smartphone using a dedicated iPhone or Android app – both available for free download. (See links below)
Do a Demo on Owl Intuition Heating Controls
If you would like to see how the Owl software works you can use the following log in information to run a demostration.
Owl Smart Heating Controls What Comes in the Packs?
- Network OWL gateway with external antenna,
- Plug top power supply (100-240v AC/5V DC) with UK & Euro Adaptors,
- Ethernet Cable,
- Room Sensor [RBT-3C] (Battery powered with Comfort (+), Standby & Away buttons),
- Tank Sensor [TBTE3H] (With H & Hw Models Only)
- Relay Unit (With Cw and Hw Models Only)
- Back plate,
- Safety wiring cover,
- 2 x AAA alkaline batteries,
- Installation Instructions.