Organic Coconut Oil
This organic coconut oil from Suma is great for baking roasting or frying and is a healthy alternative to butter and cooking oil.
A delicious fine quality oil made purely from coconuts (nothing added) this organic product from Suma is grown by a farmers co-operative in the Philippines.
The freshly harvested coconuts are split open and laid to dry. The dried coconut flesh is then warmed and pressed to extract the oil which is then gently steamed to remove the coconut taste and odour. This makes it ideal for cooking.
The organic coconut oil comes in a 320g jar and is approved by the Vegan Society.
Reasons to Cook with Coconut Oil
Other Coconut Oil Uses
On your Hair
- Rub hot Coconut Oil into your hair and leave for a period of time and it will act as a conditioner.
- Apply small amounts of coconut oil to lively hair to control fizz
- If rubbed into the scalp some people believe coconut oil works as a treatment for dandruff.
- Mix it with cider vinegar and rub into scalp as a remedy to get rid of nits.
On your Skin
- It can be used as a lip balm to soften the skin.
- Use during pregnancy on growing bellies to prevent stretch marks
- Use as a natural make up remover
- Use as a natural shaving oil.
In your mouth
- Coconut oil is commonly used to perform oral hygiene in India where it is said to get rid of harmful bacteria in the mouth, help freshen breath, and reduce plaque. Coconut oil is the perfect oil to do this with, as it has a pleasant flavour and anti-bacterial properties.